Plenty of locums when we get paid enough to cover the lost day’s wages travelling 600km to work, and back, and the out of pocket expenses of eating out every night.
Locum rates are stuck at 2003 rates, despite the award increasing by 30% in that time. Distant pharmacies need to cover accommodation, meals and the time that it takes to travel, as well as the cost to do so.”
Other current topics in the AJP Discussion Forum include:
- Call for critical reflection from Indigenous Allied Health Association
- What do we want? eHealth! When do we want it? Now!
- 4 must ask questions when suppying medication
- Pharmacists should address core services first
- Safety Net Issued on Reg 24
Click here to visit the AJP Discussion Forum.
Haven’t registered yet? Click here.