Another pharmacy has been added to Sydney’s watch list, with people who attended it on a day last week asked to monitor for symptoms of COVID-19
On Tuesday morning the NSW Government informed the public that there had been nine new cases of COVID-19 diagnosed in the 24 hours to 8pm Monday night.
One previously reported case had also been excluded following further testing.
Of the nine new cases, three were returned overseas travellers in hotel quarantine, five were linked to a known case or cluster, and one case, from South Eastern Sydney, had no source identified at the time of the announcement.
Three of the locally-acquired cases are linked to Concord Hospital including two health care workers.
On Friday night, a case involving an emergency department health professional was reported. The health professional worked two shifts at Concord Hospital emergency department, on 1 September and 3 September, while potentially infectious.
This person wore full personal protective equipment at all times while in contact with patients, and a surgical mask at all other times.
As soon as they became unwell on 4 September they immediate had a test and isolated.
As of Tuesday morning, seven people associated with Concord and Liverpool Hospitals have now tested positive for COVID-19, including six health care workers.
NSW Health also warned the general public that if they had been to the Croydon Park Pharmacy in Croydon Park on 3 September between 1pm and 2pm, they should consider themselves to be a casual contact to a case.
They are asked to monitor for symptoms and be tested immediately if these develop, after which they must remain in isolation until a negative test is received.
The same warning was given to people who had been to the Charles St Kitchen in Putney on 5 September, and the Missing Spoon Café in Wahroonga on that day; people who had been to the Eastwood Ryde Netball Association at West Ryde on 5 September were also warned, and some of these people are considered close contacts.
The new alert regarding a pharmacy followed another on Monday, in which NSW Health said that a person with COVID-19 had attended the Hyde Park Medical Centre in Liverpool Street, Sydney.
It said it was assessing potential exposure to COVID-19 of any person who attended this centre and physiotherapy, pathology, dermatology and dental practices or pharmacy on the ground floor of the building from Monday, 24 August 2020 to Saturday, 5 September 2020.