As the ‘flu vaccination season starts drawing to an end, here are some reflections:
- Not enough quadrivalent
- Punters don’t want trivalent
- GPs respond to competitive pressure by advertising and running extra clinics at similar pricing to pharmacies
- (In NSW at least) pharmacists have to jump more hurdles than any other vaccinator
- Nevertheless, pharmacy vaccination is popular and worthwhile
- Price is not such an issue
- (Guessing) more people were vaccinated this year than ever and …
- … manufacturers underestimated demand (for quadrivalent especially)
Other current topics in the AJP Discussion Forum include:
Click here to visit the AJP Discussion Forum.
Haven’t registered yet? Click here.