“I noted that some foreign jurisdictions such as New York state have pretty much made paperless prescribing mandatory. As laws relating to prescribing and dispensing of regulated medicines in Australia are regulated by the states, I would be interested in knowing whether there is a state or territory that does not necessarily mandate the keeping of a paper record when prescribing or dispensing.I am also not aware of Medicares current position regarding completely paperless prescribing and dispensing.“
Other current topics in the AJP Discussion Forum include:
- Off to the gym — where is it again?
- Public Hospitals and non-PBS items on safety net?
- Treatments that bring little or no benefit to patients
- Epsom Salts, stale beer and mouthwash
- Rural Pharmacist shortage
Click here to visit the AJP Discussion Forum.
Haven’t registered yet? Click here.