What are likely to be the top 10 drug launches of 2017?
2016 was an “unusually slow year” for drug approvals, according to US industry website Fierce Pharma.
However, analysts are still predicting a range of new ‘blockbuster’ drug launches. Heading the list, according to EP Vantage’s 2017 preview, which ranks the year’s rollouts by 2022 sales, is Ocrevus (ocrelizumab), a multiple sclerosis drug from Roche.
The top 10 is:
- Ocrevus (ocrelizumab), Company: Roche; Disease: Multiple sclerosis; 2022 sales estimate: US$4.1 billion
- Dupixent (dupilumab), Companies: Sanofi and Regeneron; Disease: Atopic dermatitis;
2022 sales estimate: $4.1 billion
- Semaglutide Company: Novo Nordisk; Disease: diabetes; 2022 sales estimate: $2.2 billion
- Durvalumab Company: AstraZeneca, Disease area: cancer immunotherapy, 2022 sales estimate: $1.9 billion
- Niraparib Company: Tesaro; Disease: cancer; 2022 sales estimate: $1.9 billion
- Baricitinib Company: Eli Lilly and Incyte; Disease: Rheumatoid arthritis; 2022 sales estimate: $1.8 billion
- LEE011 (ribociclib) Company: Novartis; Disease: breast cancer; 2022 sales estimate: $1.6 billion
- KTE-C19 (axicabtagene ciloleucel) Company: Kite Pharma; Disease: non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma; 2022 sales estimate: $1.4 billion
- Ingrezza (valbenazine) Company: Neurocrine; Disease: tardive dyskinesia; 2022 sales estimate: $1.3 billion
- Spinraza (nusinersen) Company: Biogen and Ionis; Disease: spinal muscular atrophy; 2022 sales estimate: $1.3 billion