APC has appointed new Accreditation Committee Members
The Australian Pharmacy Council (APC) has started a new chapter after appointing five individuals to its Accreditation Committee:
- Professor Timothy Chen, Professor of Medication Management, The University of Sydney
- Dr Lisa Pont, Associate Professor, University of Technology Sydney
- Dr Erica Sainsbury, Independent Consultant, and Honorary Senior Lecturer, The University of Sydney
- Associate Professor Maree Toombs, Associate Dean Indigenous Engagement, Faculty of Medicine, The University of Queensland
- Dr Margaret Gatling, Director Accreditation Services, Australian Nursing & Midwifery Accreditation Council (ANMAC)
APC CEO Bronwyn Clark said, “We are delighted to welcome these members to our Committee. They will bring experience and perspectives from our profession, other health professions and our First Nations peoples.
“I am looking forward to working with them all. I also want to thank the Selection Committee for the difficult task of choosing members from such a strong group of applicants,” Ms Clark said.
Executive Director Professional Services, Glenys Wilkinson said, “We thank everyone who applied as part of the Expression of Interest process. We were delighted receive an exceptionally high number of quality applications and to see such high interest in supporting our work.
“We would also like to acknowledge the contribution made by retiring Accreditation Committee member Dr Pam Montgomery, over the last five years,” Ms Wilkinson said.
The committee members will begin their three-year term in late September 2020.
The Accreditation Committee makes the final decision on all accreditation activities. They review all pharmacy program assessments, executed by Site Evaluation Teams, and decides whether to accredit or re-accredit that program.
The Committee requires skills, knowledge and experience from across pharmacy and across health professions, said the APC. This is to ensure accreditation processes truly reflect APC standards and the ever-evolving healthcare environment.