Amcal and Guardian Pharmacy have announced the 2019 Pharmacy Award recipients and Hall of Fame inductees via virtual video conferencing
The ‘virtual pharmacy awards’ event, which saw pharmacy teams and individuals recognised for their outstanding efforts in pharmacy service, comes in light of the postponed Amcal and Guardian Retail Conference that was scheduled to be held on the Gold Coast in March.
The decision was made by Sigma Healthcare and the Amcal and Guardian National Council to postpone this year’s annual conference to ensure the health and safety of its franchise partners, teams, and the communities they serve amidst the unprecedented COVID-19 situation.
Head of Amcal and Guardian, Kurt O’Brien said, “The crucial role our pharmacies play in providing health solutions and support to our community has never been more apparent than it is right now, and we’re humbled, grateful and proud of the dedication, service and commitment being shown each and every day.
“That’s why we’re thrilled to recognise the dedicated teams and individuals at this year’s virtual award event, and also say thank you to each and every one of our pharmacy heroes across our Amcal and Guardian network for the outstanding service they provide to their communities each and every day.”
This year’s winners include:
- Amcal Pharmacy of the Year: Amcal+ Kempsey (NSW)
- Guardian Pharmacy of the Year: New Norfolk Guardian Pharmacy (TAS)
- Professional Services Pharmacy of the Year: Amcal+ Donnybrook Pharmacy (WA)
- Community Engagement Pharmacy of the Year: Gorokan Guardian Pharmacy (NSW)
- Amcal Retail Manager of the Year: Jenny Hayes, Amcal+ Emu Plains Pharmacy (NSW)
- Guardian Retail Manager of the Year: Ashlee Worthington, Night & Day Pharmacy Bayswater (WA)
- Amcal Pharmacy Assistant of the Year: Sharni Mifflin, Amcal+ Donnybrook Pharmacy (WA)
- Guardian Pharmacy Assistant of the Year: Maxine Morris, Gorokan Guardian Pharmacy (NSW)
- The 2020 Amcal and Guardian Pharmacy Hall of Fame inductees include:
- Amcal Hall of Fame inductee: Mr Bob Holland, 23 years of pharmacy service, Amcal Pharmacy Springfield
- Guardian Hall of Fame inductee: Mr Lyndon McLeod, 38 years of pharmacy service across Amcal and Guardian brands