“The rural pharmacist shortage is really starting to bite hard. The regional town I am in has at least four pharmacies looking for permanent pharmacists. The rates are well above city rates and even above locum rates but no takers even with rental assistance etc. This situation is repeated around NSW as I locum around. Even in my youth I would have killed for wages such as these! But it seems even this carrot is not big enough.”
Other current topics in the AJP Discussion Forum include:
- Faxed script responsibility
- Small rural pharmacies
- Is King Review panel member compromised?
- All GP practices would benefit from the expertise of a pharmacist
- Merchant Fees – disadvantaging small, independent retailers?
- Rural Pharmacist shortage
Click here to visit the AJP Discussion Forum.
Haven’t registered yet? Click here.