The closing date for entries to the UTS Innovative Pharmacist of the Year award has been extended
The closing date for nominations to the Innovative Pharmacist of the Year 2021 award, sponsored by Astra Zeneca, has been extended until the end of November.
The new official closing date is now the 26th of November.
UTS has made the decision as its annual UTS Pharmacy Dinner has been postponed from November to the 17th of February 2022. The award winner is announced at the dinner, and UTS says the 2021 award winner will still be announced at the UTS Dinner in February.
“Given the onerous times community pharmacies are currently enduring, this extension may provide some potential nominees more time to collect their necessary information relevant for the IPOY award nomination,” UTS said.
The entry process is quick and easy, and nominees are judged on five criteria:
- Originality—what new concepts on existing ideas have been developed?
- Impact—is the concept or variation a fundamental change to common practice, or a minor development?
- Practicality—are the innovations easily integrated into existing practice?
- Measurable benefits—has the innovation increased revenue, efficiencies or cost savings?
- Applicability—can the innovative practice be easily adapted by other pharmacists?
The judges are also interested in hearing from pharmacies and pharmacists who have innovated in their handling of the COVID-19 vaccine rollout.
To nominate an innovative pharmacist, click here.
Click here to read about the most recent winner of the award