Posts in tag

poisoning


Calls to Australian Poisons Information Centres in recent years include cases where children inhaled e-cigarette liquids, ate cartridges or had liquids splashed in their eyes Writing in the MJA this …

What happened to the Boots closed during the Novichok poisoning; Americans can’t afford to fill scripts; Uganda crying out for pharmacists Amesbury, UK: The area manager of the Boots which …

Pharmacist sentenced in biggest public health scandal in recent German history; British pharmacy technicians don’t want greater supervisory role; Boots branch shut following Novichok poisoning Essen, Germany: A pharmacist was …

Paracetamol is the second most common substance involved in calls to Australian Poisons Information Centres, new data show Research led by Alanna Huynh, a poisons information specialist and research associate …

A Victorian man has been self poisoning with around 17.32mg of cyanide daily in a bid to fight cancer Apricot kernel is a “commonly taken extract” used for a range …

How aware are pharmacists of the risk of medication-related poisoning? Study identifies the 12 most common substances  Pharmacists are not often aware of the risks, severity and frequency of poisonings …

A study has found hospitalisation rates for child injury have not dropped in 10 years Unadjusted child deaths following injury hospitalisations have actually increased (from 108 to 149 deaths a …

Yan Chi Cheung, the Sydney pharmacist who pled guilty to spiking a colleague’s drinks earlier this year, has begun his 10-month jail term by reportedly laughing as he surrendered himself …

Calls to a poisons hotline have revealed a disproportionate number of young children referred to hospital following suspected exposure to a household bug and spider spray. The University of Queensland analysed …

A NSW pharmacist has pleaded guilty to charges of repeatedly putting drugs in a pharmacy assistant’s drinks while at work. Yan Chi “Anthony” Cheung, 33, appeared before Waverley Local Court …

A Sydney pharmacist has been charged after allegedly putting drugs into a co-worker’s drink, media sources say. According to NSW Police a 26-year-old woman attended Maroubra Police Station on Wednesday (11 …

Figures from Perth’s Princess Margaret Hospital for Children and compiled by KidSafe have shown that a significant proportion of poisonings are due to self-harm by children aged 14 and over. …