Here are nine sessions that you can’t afford to miss at APP 2016 later this month
- ‘State of the Industry Symposium’ – Thursday 17 March, 9:00am-11:45am
Hear from pharmacy’s main players as they explore industry issues and discuss the current, complex operating environment.
- ‘Alan Russell Oration’: Pharmacy Lessons from the UK – Thursday 17 March, 1:30pm-2:30pm: Ian Stratchan, Chairman of the National Pharmacy Association (UK), outlines the major changes to the UK business model and the impact and lessons for Australian pharmacies.
- ‘The times, they are a changing…’ – Friday 18 March, 10:00am-10:55am: Social demographer and data scientist, Mark McCrindle unveils research specifically commissioned for the community pharmacy industry.
- ‘New treatments for Hepatitis C – are you ready?’ – Thursday 17 March, 10:00am-10:30am
Find out about all new treatments for hepatitis C, including clinical data and practical tips to manage the treatment of your patients.
- ‘Paediatric skin conditions – 101’ – Thursday 17 March, 3:05pm-3:35pm
Pharmacists are often required to diagnose paediatric skin conditions when emotions are running high from frantic and concerned parents. Clinical lecturer and dermatologist Dr Jason Wu will provide the tools to assist in diagnosis and treatment of common paediatric skin conditions.
- ‘Minor burns management – advice & care’ – Saturday 19 March, 1:05pm-2:00pm: Over 50,000 Australians suffer burn injury every year – the majority of which are often dealt with at the pharmacy. Learn the key to minimizing pain, preserving function and minimizing cosmetic deformity.
- ‘Consumer engagement – the value of brands’ – Friday 18 March, 2:05pm-2:55pm
Learn the true value of brands in the pharmacy, including how to maximize consumer engagement and satisfaction to drive success in your business.
- ‘The power of customer loyalty’ – Saturday 19 March, 9:15am-10:10am
1 in 4 patients don’t plan which pharmacy to go to, and 13% will see multiple pharmacies in the same trip. . . How can you improve your customer loyalty to drive revenue and growth?
- ‘Customer chemistry – do your customers bother you?’ – Sunday 20 March, 11:00am-12:00pm
Discover how to engage and delight your customers to keep them coming back for more!
Check out the full APP 2016 program, including new additions to the trade exhibition and social program here