Or do you know someone who is? Nominations are closing soon for the 2018 UTS Innovative Pharmacist of the Year award
UTS Pharmacy celebrates those within the profession who are leading the way and redefining pharmacy.
Sponsored by AstraZeneca, the recipient receives a $5,000 grant that goes towards their professional development.
Previous recipients include Kayla Lee, the 2017 UTS Innovative Pharmacist of the Year.
Ms Lee was inspired to make a positive change in her community following the passing of her father, who took his own life.
She devised Pharmafriend to fill the gap in the way pharmacists discussed mental health – a novel program that was implemented at Capital Chemist Wanniassa.
Nominate a colleague or yourself by 16 November. The process is quick and easy and judged on five criteria:
- Originality – what new concepts on existing ideas have been developed?
- Impact – is the concept or variation a fundamental change to common practice, or a minor development?
- Practicality – are the innovations easily integrated into existing practice?
- Measurable benefits – has the innovation increased revenue, efficiencies or cost savings?
- Applicability – can the innovative practice be easily adapted by other pharmacists?
The winner is announced at the UTS Pharmacy Gala Dinner on the 13 December 2018. Submit your nomination today!