Bayer has been named Supplier of the Year at this year’s Symbion Engage Awards, in recognition of its commitment to innovation and servicing the pharmacy industry.
The award was presented to Bayer on Wednesday night at Luminare in South Melbourne, in front of over 200 guests.
Hosted by Symbion General Manager Brett Barons, with Australian actor and singer Tim Campbell acting as Master of Ceremonies and entertainment from comedian Ahn Do, the event was a celebration of some of the industry’s best, says Symbion.
“At Symbion, we pride ourselves on leading the development of a world-class, customer-focused supply chain – but we couldn’t do it without our suppliers,” Barons says.
“The Engage Awards are a way for us to acknowledge the hard work and dedication of our suppliers, who are key to ensuring we can continue to provide excellent service to our customers.”
To be considered for an award, candidates needed to have placed within Symbion’s top 50 suppliers. They were assessed on how they engaged with all facets of the Symbion business, as well as the consistency of their performance throughout the past year.
Suppliers were recognised across 18 categories, including Hospital Supplier of the Year and Pharmacy Choice Supplier of the Year.
The Symbion Engage Supplier of the Year award was presented to the most outstanding supplier overall, taking into consideration all aspects of supply chain engagement and execution.
“Bayer is one of the most innovative suppliers we work with and we are very pleased to present them with the Symbion Engage Supplier of the Year award in recognition of their exceptional performance,” Barons says.
This year’s Symbion Engage Award winners were:
- Symbion Engage Supplier of the Year – Bayer
- Pharmacy Choice Supplier of the Year – Reckitt Benckiser
- Best New Product Launch – OTC – Reckitt Benckiser for Scholl Nail File System
- Best New Product Launch – Ethical – Merck Sharp & Dohme for Keytruda
- Best Promotion of an Existing Product – GlaxoSmithKline Consumer for Panadol Osteo Post PBS Program
- Excellence Award – Professional Services – Apotex for Flu Clinics
- Excellence Award – Hospitals Suppliers – Branded – Novartis Pharmaceuticals
- Excellence Award – Hospitals Suppliers – Generic – Hospira
- Supplier of the Year – Hospital Suppliers – Gilead Sciences
- Outstanding Growth – OTC – Swisse Vitamins
- Outstanding Growth – Ethical – Gilead Sciences
- Excellence Award – Pharmacy Suppliers – Generic – Apotex
- Excellence Award – Small Suppliers – OTC – JA Davey
- Excellence Award – Medium Suppliers – OTC – Key Pharmaceuticals
- Excellence Award – Large Suppliers – OTC – Reckitt Benckiser
- Excellence Award – Small Suppliers – Ethical – Menarini
- Excellence Award – Medium Suppliers – Ethical – Mundipharma
- Excellence Award – Large Suppliers – Ethical – Bayer