The Department of Health is seeking feedback on the Implementation Framework for the Biosimilars Awareness project.
The Department of Health says the aim of the project is improve awareness and confidence in biosimilar medicines in the community and among healthcare professionals, including pharmacists and prescribers.
It says it is seeking stakeholder feedback on:
- their understanding of the Australian system;
- position on biosimilars;
- communication issues/risks;
- key messages for pharmacists, prescribers and consumers;
- what communication channels stakeholders currently to provide information and recommendations about their effectiveness; and
- willingness to assist with the distribution of materials about biosimilars.
The framework will also be used to identify and confirm key stakeholders; identify opportunities for sharing information, including existing research and data, and determine any further consultation requirements.
The Department of Health says following consultation, a broader project will be implemented over three years to establish the needs of key groups. This data will be used to provide targeted information to support stakeholder’ needs.
However, it says more time will be required to implement this part of the project.
To participate in a survey regarding biosimilar medicine use in Australia and to provide feedback on the Implementation Framework, click the link below:
For more information on biosimilar use in Australia go to Biosimilars on the PBS