Pharmacists’ Support Service is asking pharmacists to help support it with a donation as calls to the service increase
Ahead of the end of the financial year, PSS is seeking help from the profession to support the wellbeing of colleagues through a tax deductible donation – either as a one-off or on an ongoing basis.
“Calls to PSS have increased by 33% this year,” says Gilly Swinnerton, vice president of PSS.
“More calls and training more volunteers bring extra overheads.
“It is good that members of the pharmacy profession can access and find help from our team of pharmacist volunteers.
“We have expanded our volunteer team by providing comprehensive training in Sydney. PSS operates economically through a unified service to the whole Australian pharmacy community.
“Your donation helps build financial surety for the future of the service.”
The Pharmacists’ Support Service is available to all pharmacists, intern pharmacists and pharmacy students throughout Australia every day of the year between 8.00 am and 11.00 pm EST.
Pharmacists who are distressed can call 1300 244 910.
PSS thanked these organisations, all represented on its Management Committee, for their ongoing support:
- Australian Friendly Societies Pharmacies Association;
- Pharmaceutical Defence Ltd;
- Pharmacy Guild of Australia;
- Pharmaceutical Society of Australia;
- Pharmaceutical Society of Victoria Ltd;
- Professional Pharmacists Australia;
- Society of Hospital Pharmacists of Australia; and
- National Australian Pharmacy Students’ Association.