How well do you know and understand social media? Do you understand its reach and impact? Here’s a list of 10 facts about social media that you need to know
1. 1.23 billion users log into Facebook every day, for an average of 17 minutes
2. 28% of iPhone users check their Twitter feed before getting up in the morning
3. 73% of US companies have successfully hired a candidate using social media
4. Every minute there are 4,166,667 Facebook likes and 435,120 tweets
5. The best times to post on Facebook are: 1-4pm Wed, 3-4pm Thurs & Fri and 12-1pm Sat & Sun. On Twitter it is 12-3pm weekdays plus 5-6pm Wed. On LinkedIn it is 10-11am Tues and 7-30-8.30am plus 5-6pm Tues to Thurs.
6. Facebook, Twitter and especially Instagram are more popular among women, YouTube and Linkedin are more popular with men.
7. There are 8,796 photos posted every second on Snapchat, 4,501 on Facebook and 810 on Instagram
8. There are currently 1.59 billion Facebook users, 400 million Instagram users, 320 million on Twitter and 100 million each on Linkedin and Pinterest
9. Linkedin was launched in May 2003, Facebook in February 2004, Twitter in July 2006
10. 70% of users log in to Facebook daily, compared to 59% of Instagram users, 38% of Twitter users, 27% of Linkedin users and 22% of Pinterest users.
This list comes from an infographic ‘115 Must know facts about social media’ provided by Skilled.co – a leading skilled web agency