Several new pharmacies have been added to watch list as the NSW COVID-19 outbreak surges, with two major cities under lockdown, while other states and territories announce restrictions
NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian has warned that the strain of COVID-19 now circulating in Sydney has a “very high rate of transmissibility”, with 18 new cases reported on Monday morning.
All but one case has been confirmed as linked to the Bondi cluster.
This brings the total of locally acquired cases in NSW to 130 as of Monday.
Ms Berejiklian added that numbers may “go up considerably” as cases this week are a reflection of what has occurred last week, with “almost 100% transmission within households and a very high rate of transmissibility” for the strain.
“It’s really important for everyone to follow the health rules, to look for those venues of concern, to make sure you get tested and isolate if you’ve been asked to do so,” she said.
The greater Sydney region is now under lockdown.
Five more pharmacies have been added to the NSW case locations list, with contacts of 11 pharmacies now under instruction from NSW Health.
NSW Health says anyone who visited the below case locations at the listed times is a casual contact that should get tested immediately and self-isolate until you receive a negative result:
- Priceline Pharmacy North Sydney, 65 Walker Street, North Sydney (4:50pm to 5:15pm on Monday 21 June 2021)
- Chemist Warehouse Double Bay, 459-463 New South Head Road, Double Bay (9:30am to 9:42am on Monday 21 June 2021)
- Chemist Warehouse Bondi Beach, 172/164 Campbell Parade, Bondi Beach (9am to 10am on Monday 21 June 2021)
- Bondi Pharmacy, 81 Hall Street, Bondi Beach (1:45pm to 2:45pm on Friday 18 June 2021)
- Chemist Warehouse Bondi Junction, 133-135 Oxford Street, Bondi Junction (5:30pm to 6pm on Wednesday 16 June 2021)
- Chemist Warehouse Oxford Street, 211 Oxford Street, Bondi Junction (5:30pm to 6pm on Wednesday 16 June 2021)
- Chemist Warehouse – Birkenhead Point Brand Outlet, 19 Roseby Street, Drummoyne (1:15pm to 1:25pm on Tuesday 15 June 2021)
- Priceline Pharmacy – Birkenhead Point Brand Outlet, 19 Roseby Street, Drummoyne (12:40pm to 12:50pm on Tuesday 15 June 2021)
- Chemist Warehouse Pitt Street, 383 Pitt Street, Sydney (12:30pm to 1pm on Tuesday 15 June 2021)
- Chemist Warehouse Sydney, 383 George St, Sydney (1:45pm to 2:15pm on Tuesday 15 June 2021)
Anyone who attended the following venue is a close contact and must immediately get tested and self-isolate for 14 days regardless of the result:
- Chemist Warehouse Maroubra, 229-231 Maroubra Road, Maroubra (9am to 9:30am on Thursday 24 June 2021)
The Northern Territory announced a snap lockdown from 1pm on Sunday 27 June in the Darwin, Palmerston and Darwin rural areas that will now last until this Friday.
This follows confirmation of four new COVID-19 positive cases.
Meanwhile restrictions will again be introduced to Queensland after the state recorded three new cases.
Increased restrictions are in place for all of Queensland from 6am Monday 28 June, with specific restrictions for South East Queensland from 1am Tuesday 29 June.
The WA government has also imposed restrictions on people in Perth and the Peel region after a woman tested positive, from 12pm on Sunday 27 June.
The Perth woman who tested positive for COVID-19 travelled to New South Wales nearly two weeks ago and visited a known Sydney hotspot.
She had initially tested negative but nearly a week later, presented for another COVID-19 test and this time returned a positive result.
Face masks have become mandatory in the ACT from 27 June, with many residents who were returning from areas of concern now under stay-at-home orders.
South Australia has instigated border restrictions, reporting three new cases as of Monday.
Meanwhile Victoria has recorded zero cases of locally transmitted cases of COVID-19 in the last 24 hours.