At its Annual General Meeting today, ASMI announced its new Board of Directors.
ASMI Chief Executive Officer, Deon Schoombie, congratulated and welcomed the ASMI Board Members.
“ASMI’s new Board includes the recognised leaders of the non-prescription medicines industry,” he says.
“The Board’s high level of expertise and industry knowledge will enable us to fully embrace tremendous opportunities and manage challenging issues in the years ahead.
“This is an exciting time for the industry as we drive regulatory reform to enhance consumer access to medicines and promote the integration of self care into national health policy.
“I’m looking forward to working with the new ASMI Board.”
Mark Sargent is the interim Chairman until the first Board meeting. Office-bearers will be elected at this meeting.
ASMI Board Members
- Rob Barnes – Aspen PharmaCare
- Shayne Byrne – Perrigo
- Lindsay Forrest – Lindsay Forrest Consultant
- James Jones – Takeda
- Phil Lynch – Johnson & Johnson Pacific
- Alan Oppenheim – Ego Pharmaceuticals
- Elizabeth Reynolds – GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare
- Paul Rose – Pfizer
- Mark Sargent – Bayer Australia