The Pharmacy Guild of Australia has released its latest online pharmacist CPD course titled Understanding the needs of customers travelling overseas.
This course addresses the fundamental knowledge required to deliver an effective travel health service in pharmacy.
The Guild has partnered with Immuron, makers of Travelan, in the development of this course, utilising their knowledge of this subject.
The new travel health course discusses the many health considerations for people travelling internationally. It discusses diseases and conditions travellers may face and how pharmacists can help customers travelling overseas with medication, health, beauty and convenience related products.
The course forms part of the Guild’s broader efforts to support pharmacies seeking to implement or expand their professional service offer to customers.
Understanding the needs of customers travelling overseas has the following learning objectives:
- Describe the health issues associated with international travel.
- Identify opportunities for pharmacies to assist customers travelling overseas.
- Provide advice to travellers on ways they can help to prepare for overseas travel and ways they can reduce the risk of infection and disease while travelling
- Describe the role of Travelan (Bovine colostrum powder) in prevention of travellers’ diarrhoea.
- Identify a range of health, beauty, comfort and convenience products which could be offered to customers
Understanding the needs of customers travelling overseas is accessible via the Guild’s online learning platform, myCPD. The course is free to all pharmacists. More information can be found on the myCPD ‘New and upcoming courses’ page.