PDL is offering support to selected individual pharmacy students to enhance their education and training as a future pharmacist
PDL launched a new student grant program at the NAPSA Congress in Newcastle this month.
Up to three PDL grants will be available nationally each calendar year, at a value of up to $5,000 (AUD) each.
The money is intended to provide assistance to selected individual pharmacy students to attend a recognised conference or event outside of their studies.
Grants may include:
- Financial assistance to attend a recognised event or conference, including (where relevant):
- Full delegate registration
- Additional requests in application pertaining to event attendance will be assessed on a case by case basis.
- Two years of complimentary PDL membership upon commencement of pharmacist registration.
- Mentorship and advice in developing career pathways from PDL’s Professional Officers, Board and Local Advisory Committee members.
- Support from PDL Local Advisory Committees in the relevant state, with the opportunity to participate in meetings if deemed suitable by the state committee.
Grants will be reviewed in late March each year, with the successful applications valid for two years.
Grant applications in 2020 are now open and will close at 5pm Wednesday 11 March, AEST.
Applicants must complete the Student Grant Program Application Form, along with accompanying documents, and submit them before the closing date and at least two months prior to the requested event date.
Applications will be accepted directly from students and assessed by PDL’s Grant Committee, using the Student Grant Program Assessment Criteria.
*Terms and conditions apply to travel and accommodation expenses based on the location of event and location of the applicant, at PDL’s discretion.