GuildSuper Pharmacy Assistant of the Year Award (PATY) nominees should be reminded that entries close today—19 June!
The Pharmacy Guild of Australia offers this advice to nominees on entering the award:
- Think about what you do in your role. You don’t need to study to answer the selection criteria questions, the answers should come from your own experience working in pharmacy. There is no right or wrong answers – judges just want to know about you and how you support your pharmacy every day.
- Talk your answers through with a colleague or friend. We all find it hard to talk about ourselves, so talking with friends, family and colleagues is a great way to get feedback. They may even offer a fresh perspective or approach to your answers.
- Leave your comfort zone. It’s where the real magic happens! It may be daunting to share your opinions and experiences, but it can lead to rewarding personal growth.
- Believe in yourself. The Pharmacy Assistant of the Year (PATY) is a fantastic opportunity to reflect on your role, your pharmacy and the industry as a whole. Many past finalists say they were nervous to enter, but through self-belief and determination, they made it through to the finals and experienced the fantastic journey that is PATY.
- Give it a go! The awards offer many great benefits like exclusive workshop training days and the opportunity to win more than $10,000 in cash and prizes. But the best thing is just having a go, taking the time to reflect on your career and the important contribution you make every day.
If staff have been nominated and want to respond, visit www.pharmacyassistants.com
The AJP’s sister magazine, PS is part of the judging panel, and the final winner will become a regular contributor to the magazine.