The eight state winners competing in this year’s Pharmacy Guild of Australia/Maxigesic Pharmacy Assistant of the Year Award (PATY) have now been named
The following pharmacy assistants have been selected to take part in the PATY National Finals, which will take place in a virtual format on 30 October:
- ACT Joshua Edye – Erindale Pharmacy
- NSW James Brown – Blaxland Day and Night Pharmacy
- NT Ben King – Alice Springs Pharmacy
- SA Tori McRae-Field – Direct Chemist Outlet Torrensville
- QLD Emma Smallbone – Zammitt Street Pharmacy
- TAS Kenya Broad – Penguin Pharmacy
- VIC Cody Marshall – United Chemists Wodonga
- WA Jaclyn Jensen – Wizard Rossmoyne
The state winners were selected for their demonstration of pharmacy knowledge and skills in customer service and in leadership.
By participating in the national finals, the state winners will be in the running to take home over $10,000 in prizes including cash, a training package, educational opportunities and other great rewards.
Pharmacy Guild of Australia National President, George Tambassis congratulated the state winners for their contribution to community pharmacy in Australia.
“This award recognises pharmacy assistants who go the extra mile to help our customers—which is critical to the future success of the pharmacy industry as our range of services to the public continues to grow,” Mr Tambassis said.
“The calibre of PATY nominees is always extremely high, and each PATY nominee candidate displays a strong commitment to their work and this industry.”
Calvin MacKenzie, General Manager of AFT Pharmaceuticals, the award’s major sponsor, also congratulated the winners on their achievement.
“AFT Pharmaceuticals is very honoured to support PATY and to ensure that the industry is recognising excellence in the frontline of pharmacy.
“I congratulate all eight State Winners for standing out as their state’s top pharmacy assistants and I look forward to seeing them all at the National Finals on 30 October,” Mr MacKenzie said.
In addition to the main award, PATY features the Glucojel Super Star Award, which recognises outstanding customer service amongst the PATY state finalists.
The winners of the Glucojel Super Star Award in each state are:
- ACT Elise Newham – The Pharmacy on Franklin
- NSW Jacalyn Dillon – Simply Pharmacy Valentine
- NT Lara Monica De Guzman – Hibiscus Day and Night Pharmacy
- SA Amber Greenwood – Tim Siv’s Kapunda TerryWhite Chemmart
- QLD Andy Zhu – Spring Hill Priceline Pharmacy
- TAS Melissa van Winden – West Hobart Pharmacy
- WA Amanda Skipper – TerryWhite Chemmart Bluff Point
- VIC Susan Gainey – TerryWhite Chemmart Mentone