PDL opens Student Grant Program for 2021
“As events are continuing to be booked into the 2021 calendar, we have now opened the PDL Student Grant Program for 2021,” the organisation announced this week.
The PDL Student Grant Program provides assistance to selected individual university pharmacy students to attend a recognised conference or event and enhance their education and training as a future pharmacist.
Up to three PDL grants will be available nationally each calendar year, at a value of up to $5,000AUD each.
Grants may include:
- Full delegate registration
- Additional requests in application pertaining to event attendance will be assessed on a case by case basis.
- Two years of complimentary PDL membership upon commencement of pharmacist registration.
- Mentorship and advice in developing career pathways from PDL’s Professional Officers, Board and Local Advisory Committee members.
- Support from PDL Local Advisory Committees in the relevant state, with the opportunity to participate in meetings if deemed suitable by the state committee.
PDL first launched the program at the NAPSA Congress in January 2020.
The three recipients of the inaugural grants were: Mikah Peterson, a third-year pharmacy student at the University of South Australia; Stefan Coombs, a fourth-year pharmacy student at Monash University; and Monica Sharma, a fourth-year pharmacy student at the University of South Australia.
Mikah, Stefan and Monica shared their hopes for the grant with AJP here. While their initial plans were unfortunately delayed by Covid, they hope to attend an event in the coming year as more events become scheduled. The grants have a two-year life span.
Find out more about the student grants and how to apply here.
PDL is a not-for-profit, independent member organisation that supports Australian pharmacists with professional indemnity insurance, 24/7 incident support and advice to help minimise incidents.
*Terms and conditions apply to travel and accommodation expenses based on the location of event and location of the applicant, at PDL’s discretion.