The big money


Which are the richest pharmaceuticals companies in the world? And how much do they earn?

Despite a number of mergers, sell-offs, buyouts and the emergence of some new specialist blockbuster drugs the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies have remained fairly constant, a new report reveals.

In its recently released report of the top 15 pharmaceutical companies by revenue in 2018, US industry website Fierce Pharma has shown a fairly predictable leader board, but they do predict some changes in the near future.   

The top 15 pharmaceutical companies, by 2018 revenue are:

The report predicts that Japenese pharma Takeda will force its way into the 2019 top 15 after recent acquisitions. It also predicts AbbVie will move up the list on the back of Humira sales, an d new launches.

Novartis and AstraZeneca are also singled out for growth on the back of planned blockbuster launches.

Previous Keeping up to date
Next Pharmacists rally to support sick kids

NOTICE: It can sometimes take awhile for comment submissions to go through, please be patient.

3 Comments

  1. M M
    29/04/2019

    Would you be able to write a report on the richest pharmacies in Australia that turn over more than $10 millions p.a?

    • Paul Sapardanis
      29/04/2019

      Would there be any other thans CWs?

      • M M
        04/05/2019

        Yes, there are many others. CWH holds around 30% of the pharmacy market in Australia. What about the other 70%?

        You’d be surprised to find out who owns pharmacies that turn over more than $10-15 mil p.a.

Leave a reply