Amanda Seeto, Guild national councillor, speaks about her passions for increasing the number of women in pharmacy leadership, and for improving medicines safety processes
Amanda Seeto, Queensland Pharmacy Guild state councillor and recently appointed national councillor spoke to AJP at APP2021.
- How she has combined her new role with the Guild’s national council into a busy pharmacy career
- Her passion to increase the number of women seeking leadership roles within pharmacy, and building their confidence to seek these positions
- The importance of support and mentoring from fellow pharmacists for those seeking leadership roles
- The need to develop medicine safety near miss reporting and handling of incidents within community pharmacy – “we need to make sure community pharmacy is a safe place for pharmacists to work, and pharmacists know they are supported if an error happens, and that practices are in place to prevent errors from occurring”
- The need for pharmacists to practiced to their full scope, including autonomous prescribing, a broader role in vaccinations and a role in adjusting medications