PSS is urging pharmacists to support the service that supports them
As the end of financial year approaches, Pharmacists’ Support Service is again encouraging pharmacists to donate to the service.
Gilly Swinnerton, Vice President of the PSS, says it is a good time to support the work of PSS with a tax deductible donation before 30 June 2017.
“All donations are welcome, whether a one-off or a regular monthly gift,” she says.
“PSS now needs the ongoing financial support of the profession to continue successful support for colleagues.”
She suggests seven reasons to donate to PSS…
- “All pharmacists, interns and pharmacy students in Australia are eligible to receive support – PSS is a one stop shop for the whole profession.”
- “PSS gives non-judgmental support whatever the situation.”
- “PSS is available every day between 8.00 am and 11.00 pm EST on 1300244910.”
- “All volunteers taking the calls are pharmacists or retired pharmacists who undertake training to provide support over the phone.”
- “Calls have increased 33% in the last 12 months and this has impacted on PSS overheads.”
- “You never know when you, a family member or a colleague may need us.”
- “PSS supports pharmacists so that pharmacists can continue to care for the Australian community.”
To donate, pharmacists can visit www.supportforpharmacists.org.au or https://www.facebook.com/supportforpharmacists/ and click the “donate now” button. They will then be directed to its online portal, hosted by Give Now https://www.givenow.com.au/pharmacistssupportservice.
PSS thanked the following organisations, all represented on its Management Committee, for their ongoing commitment to PSS:
- Australian Friendly Societies Pharmacies Association;
- Pharmaceutical Defence Ltd;
- Pharmacy Guild of Australia;
- Pharmaceutical Society of Australia;
- Pharmaceutical Society of Victoria Ltd;
- Professional Pharmacists Australia;
- Society of Hospital Pharmacists of Australia; and
- National Australian Pharmacy Students’ Association.